Saturday, March 12, 2005

No weigh-in today

So I didn't weigh-in this morning. Its snowing once again...and to think spring is maybe 9 days away? I don't know, something like that.

Its just as well that I'm not weighing in because I had another not-so-good week. I can't seem to stick to my points for more than 3 weeks in a row. I was really sad about last weeks weigh-in. I mean, I should have lost weight, and my scale was showing that I did, yet I didn't. I even went as far as to weigh a few boxes of pasta, and the scale showed it was weighing correctly. Oh well though.

So this week I binged. Again. Last Saturday we had our family dinner which went really well, and even though I used the majority of my flexpoints, I wrote it all down. But then my sister brought pastries from a real Italian bakery, and I just had to try one. Who knows how many points it was! All it takes is that one incident to throw me off. Add to it, I'm down to 22 pts a day now, and it really freaks me out! I mean, if I had flexpoints to fall back on, I'd be okay, but I didn't. So I threw away the whole week. I figure I already blew it and I'm going to gain anyway, so I might as well enjoy it. I hate that though. I screw myself over. Instead of sticking to points for the rest of the week and gaining maybe a pound, I potentially gained a few pounds. Its a whole mindset thing for me. I don't know why though. The only thing I can do is pick up the pieces, yet again, and re-dedicate myself. And thats what I'm doing. I can't beat myself up for "messing up" because as we all know, none of us are perfect.

And its a learning experience. I seem to learn about overeating over and over again. I know I'll eventually get to goal. Its just getting there thats hard.

I didn't go to the gym even once this week! Why bother? Nevermind the fact that I had no time to go to the gym. Might be an excuse, might not. I could have MADE the time. I could have foregone shopping to get in my cardio. I could have put Molly in daycare to even get in a better than nothing workout. But I didn't. And it sucks. I'm so mad at myself. I wonder sometimes if I'm pressuring myself too much. Or not dedicated enough. But its getting old. I need to get to the point where exercise is automatic. I know it'll be easier once it gets a bit warmer. I can go on walks with the kids, and maybe even start jogging. I'd like to get Emilie involved more in exercise too. I'm thinking her and I could jog together. I haven't jogged outside since fall, so I think it'll be easier now.

Anyway, day 1, back on track. I know I can do it. I hate doing it though. Even getting in my fruits and veggies and allowing myself to indulge still has me feeling that I'm deprived. I don't like limiting my food intake. Its no fun. But knowing that when I finally reach goal I can eat a little more to maintain. Heck, this is the motivation I need! The faster I get to goal, the quicker I can eat more! LOL

Here's toasting you for a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home