Monday, February 07, 2005

Crossing my fingers

A kick-ass day at the gym today! 30 min. elliptical, and 1 1/2 hrs on the weights. Jen met me there and after cardio did all sorts of interesting moves with 5lb and 8lb-ers. First tossed a 12 lb medicine ball back and forth, to the point my arms were shaking. When I wanted to give up, I'd could be seen grunting "10 wks till the wedding!" That has got to keep me motivated. We moved on and did upper body weights sitting atop a exercise ball...that wasn't too bad. Did our lovely lunges....4 sets I might add. Its great stuff, this weightlifting.

I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. On one hand, I like it. Heck, I love it! On the other hand, I dread it. I walk into the Y not wanting to walk downstairs, but figure, I might as well, since I'm already there. I get my workout clothes on, which motivates me to step on the scale, and since the scale shows a favorable weight, I need to work to get it lower. Today I burned a measly 360 calories on the elliptical in 30 min. Lol, I wasn't going fast enough.. but hey, it was at least something.

I've stocked my house this week with tons of healthy foods. I've made my own croutons for the week with light wheat bread and as a matter of fact, just ate a nice salad with tons of veggies, croutons, and crabmeat. This morning at 5:30 a.m. I had a minor scuffle with pillsbury cookie dough. Ya know, those pre-measured circles you just pop in the oven? Yeah, sooo yummy! Totally not worth it at 3 pts a piece! But... I did write it down and count the points! LOL I'm staying away from those babies.

Anyway, now that I don't want to lift anything, and not have to walk, because I'm so sore, I must forge ahead and stop whimping out and acting like a baby. Cause I like the hurt. Really, I do!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home