Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I talk too much!

So far, so good. I seem to say that alot lately. My weeks not only are counted by how many days left of school, of work, of exercise, but how many days I must still eat decent before I get to weigh-in. Each and every day and hour revolves around it. I'm not obsessed, just aware. I must plan out what goes in my mouth from morning till night.

Last week I followed a semi-wendie plan. Eat high points the first 2 days of the week, and then just have a few every day. This week I'm following it to the T. Day 1 - 37 points! Ate pizza that night for dinner (Saturday) and was completely stuffed with 8 points left for the day! It wasn't as easy as I thought to eat that much. I'm finally realizing that my stomach has shrunk. A serving size of something, anything, is actually satisfying. Its taken me awhile to figure this one out. People get into habits. It might be a habit to gorge oneself on their favorite food, because they can. Or something that is just SO GOOD that alot needs to be eaten. I'm still guilty of this sometimes. I think we all are. But alot of the time, eating and even losing weight, to how you picture yourself is like looking in a funhouse mirror. Food looks different, and it might even depend on the time of day. At times we feel strong and other times we feel defeated. I go day to day either feeling like I can do it forever, and at times saying "screw it".

I'm getting bored, I'm getting tired of the same 'ol thing. Day in and day out. Which is why I'm doing the Wendie plan. I technically am not having a hard time losing this weight. If I follow the program. Which I tend to stray from often. I'm trying to mix it up a bit. My points go, from Saturday to Friday, being 37,22,26,24,22,27,23. Gives me something to look forward to. I know that if I don't have enough points for something in particular, that I can wait a day or two and have it then. Granted, I don't even know if it'll work. Its supposed to work, but I won't be convinced until I step on that scale on Saturday.

Otherwise in my week I did the gym yesterday. 1/2 hour elliptical and free weights. I'm not that sore today either. We got more snow last night so I shoveled this morning. I drank 8 cups of water yesterday and so far today I've drank 2.

I had a non-scale-victory today! I have a pair of jeans from Weathervane back from 10 years ago. And they were actually comfortable! We're talking back when I met Chris, before I had 2 more kids, when I was only 20 years old! And I think even back 10 years ago clothes were sized differently than they are now. The size the jeans are... lets just say the same size now is too big on me in todays jeans!

So I'm working this program to death. I still have 7-8 pounds I want to lose by the end of April. Its looking good that I'll make that goal, at least I'm crossing my fingers that I will. I'm taking it one week at a time though. I tend to have one really good week, where I lose 3-5 pounds, the next week I lose 1-2 pounds, and then the third week I fall off the wagon and either stay the same or gain a little. And then I do it all over again.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home