Friday, February 24, 2006

Shopping is food for the soul

I actually did a bit of shopping for myself today. I was feeling a bit grumpy and Chris was home today, so I took off with Ryan in tow. Let me first start off by saying that I almost always put myself last. I think the only thing I truly do for myself is go to the gym. I've had the same pair of sneakers for the last 3 years and have been wearing the same spandex bike shorts and huge "old Amy" t-shirts, with the exception of one pair of baggy "old Amy" black capri's for working out. For the first 2 years I exercised at the Y and it really didn't matter to me what I wore because it was a really small exercise area and not many people. Not that I care to impress anyone, but now that I'm going to this fancy gym I'm feeling a tad bit self-conscience considering I'm surrounded by these skinny women in their coordinating activewear. Now of course, they aren't all skinny. There are some there like me.... that need to lose weight. But even they wear their coordinating outfits. So needless to say, I'm feeling a bit left out...lol Not that I need to be just like them or not, but the gym is packed almost all the time, and I want to "fit in". Nevermind the fact that I deserve to take good care of MYSELF once in awhile. So #1 priority was new sneaks. Found out I'm a size smaller than I thought I was. Either my feet shrunk because I weigh less or I've just been wearing the wrong size all along. I got the cutest pair of New Balance sneakers. With a little pink to make me feel girly. Normally I go for the darker colors.... navy blue, black, etc. I got myself some new socks (I know, its pitiful how little it takes to get me excited!) I also got 2 new pairs of bottoms, one capri and one pant(although The pants make my legs too hot) But I figure at least my legs won't freeze if I change at home before going to the gym. Also got 2 new t-shirts that are actually made for exercising! lol I intend to buy at least another pair of pants, but I'm so picky it takes me awhile. Anyway, exercise went well this week. Took the kids with me all week, burned alot of calories, but not looking at a favorable weigh-in tomorrow. This swelling is just killing me. I really need to make a point of going to get a second opinion because there has got to be some underlying reason this is happening to my body. Even with my water consumption, I still have edema in my legs. My kidney function has been checked and its fine, so I don't know what else it could be. Anyway, I should head off to bed so I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home