Saturday, February 04, 2006

Cover your ears and close your eyes

I'm in a pissy mood today. Did sooo well this week. So much exercise, ate good, and where does it get me? Nowhere. I gained .6lbs. Not much,I know. Still though-- I did good. This little gem of gaining this week is heightened because I feel shitty with how I look. My face looks like I'm 15 again. My hair has about 4 inches of dark roots grown out since April. To top it off, I really needed the motivation from the meeting today and it was about different food choices. Which would have been great if there wasn't a mother/daughter duo that thinks the meeting is all about THEM!! I'm all for listening to how they prepare spaghetti squash, but when this woman goes on and on about it for 15 minutes, it gets a little old. And then on top of that, the leader obviously doesn't want to appear rude, so she basically had a one on one conversation with these two women the entire meeting! Half of the room she talked to (where the two women were) and the other half she didn't even glance over at. It just wasn't what I needed for this week. And because I'm such a baby, I cried. I'm bummed out over everthing and just want to look like my old new self again. And when I try really hard and get no results that really drags a person down! Regardless, I'm going to keep at it though. Keep exercising, keep journaling, and maybe one of these days get a haircut. I know its possible for me for lose the weight but right now its feeling downright impossible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aileara said...

I'm so sorry you're having a cruddy time right now. That really sux about that woman and her daughter at the meeting, monopolizing the leader's time, taking her attention away from the rest of the group. I'd have been in tears too. I've lost weight (and gained it back sadly) a few times, and it really is a pain when you do everything you're supposed to, yet seem to get stuck. But please don't get discouraged. You're doing great, and the weight loss will start up again - that plateau period stinks though. I'm cheering for you.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home