Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Fresh start

Cookies. Candy. Holiday meals. Alcohol. Yeah, a fresh start is coming. The damage on the scale isn't looking good, but I also haven't been drinking my water, so the fluid retention is pretty high. I'm trying not to overdue it now that Christmas is actually over, but I received an overwhelming amount of food gifts this year. I can't just throw this stuff away. But, when the shit gives me a major tummyache every time I eat it, I should know to stay away.

Fresh start. January 1st. I've already gotten my sister Jen to participate in a challenge and I'm going to get my future SIL to join as well. I read about it on another blog but for the life of me , I can't remember who it was! Basically we're all going to chip in $2 a week at weigh-in. Each challenge will last for 8 weeks. Whoever loses the most, wins the pot. We'll see how it goes. All I know is that I need some sort of motivation. Jen will be TTC in March, so she wants to lose before she conceives. Of course, if she conceives right away, she won't be able to lose weight anymore, but it'll still be Mercy and I. (if I can get her to agree) Mercy has her wedding in October '06 and mentioned at Christmas that she needs to get back to losing weight.

I'm contemplating trying the Core Plan. I'm scared to though. I know I'd be fine for breakfast and dinner but lunch has me worried. I enjoy salads but the stuff I put on it would need to be counted. And I don't like tuna or anything else I could eat thats on the Core list. We'll have to see on that one.

I haven't gone to the gym for 2 weeks. Need to get back to that but I had shoulder problems. First my left shoulder....Jen said it sounded like my rotator cuff. My left started feeling better and then my right shoulder started hurting. To the point where I was taking some sort of pain killer around the clock. Even a muscle relaxer at night. Finally today though its started to feel better. And I know that my legs aren't broken, but when I'm in constant pain, the last thing I want to do is be walking on the treadmill. (The elliptical was out because of the moving arms, and holding on to the handles would have pulled on my shoulder)

So, like I said....Fresh start. Cheers to everyone on a fresh start if you've fallen off, and a Happy New Year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home