Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A little bit of motivation

Okay.....Biggest Loser finale....was awesome! I've been a fan of this show from day 1. Even though they're on a ranch, isolated from the general population, with a potential prize hanging over their head, with personal trainers. They're still real people with the same exact goal that I have. That every other person on a "diet" has.

The difference was AMAZING. Most of them didn't even look like the same person. And was it me, or did they all look so much younger than they did when overweight?

Talk about motivation. For me anyway. I actually picked up my 5 pound weights and did reps while watching. Because, hello.....if they can do it, so can I!!

I had a conversation during one of the commercial breaks with my husband. About how much of a difference even 20,30,40 pounds makes. I told him that for me, my perception is different. I can see the changes in my own body while looking in a mirror, or looking at a past picture of myself, when I was almost 70 pounds heavier. But at the same time, I can't. Its hard to explain, but at least 50% of the time, I see the "old me" when I look in the mirror. Like I said, I can see the difference, but not an almost 70 pound difference. And I'm as unhappy at my current weight, as I was at 247 pounds.

Which obviously, is why I'm still doing something about it. Even though I had a dentist appt this morning, I still came home, changed into my workout clothes and went to the gym. I did my longest stretch on the elliptical ever......45 minutes, and burned 530 calories. Then did a short 20 minute walk on the treadmill, burning another 150 calories. The motivation from that show, I tell ya. If they can be that overweight and push themselves that hard, then I can too.

I did have a run-in with the cookie dough though. I baked them tonight to keep myself from indulging anymore. Strange though.... I have no desire to eat the baked product. Only the dough for me please!

Thursday's almost here. I still haven't used all my flexpoints and I think I'm doing okay. The scale will be the indicator in the morning. Normally I won't see a loss until Thursday or Friday, so if I'm going to lose anything this week, I'll know in the morning.

Thats all for me tonight.... I'm doing really well with posting this week, and I think its helping me stay on track. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home