Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Birthday food

Yesterday was my birthday. I've been waiting, yet dreading this day. Dreading it because I'm another year older. Not old at 31, I know, but older than 21...LOL And then of course, the food. With all the holidays and birthdays (Molly's was on the 2nd) and all the cake and cookout food,I wanted to just get past it. I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to cake. My mom made me a few special dishes for yesterday as well. She used to cook all the time when we were kids and had some signature dishes. For my birthday she made me tuna pie. I think its something a person has to grow up with, because my kids didn't like it, but I love it! But it has tuna, eggs, olives, saltine crackers all smushed up.... its just awesome! Its one of those foods thats good either warm or cold. And then she made me a pineapple upside-down cake! My mother had me in tears! It just meant so much to me. I bawled my eyes out. I didn't need gifts, and didn't need a party, but to know my mom made me these foods that remind me of my childhood felt great! Needless to say, eating has been horrible. But, today is a new day. I ate so much crap yesterday that my stomach is all in knots, and have no interest in eating anything anymore. So, even though I'll have gained again this week, I'm at least starting off fresh. And then for the summer I'm home free! No more birthdays, no more picnics, no more holidays. Its free sailing from here, baby! (I'm going to need reminders that I said that!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Pineapple upside down cake-yummers!!! Happy Bday!

8:40 AM  
Blogger deb said...

happy birthday! you deserve a treat!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home