Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I want to be at goal

And I'm so sick of this shit. Its so easy to gain the weight. So damn fricken hard to lose it.

Granted, I haven't been exercising, but I'm estimating that in the last few weeks I'm up a good 6-7 pounds. I'm been doing pretty good since Tuesday, which now that I think about it, was only YESTERDAY! Woo hoo, I'm doing awesome! *sarcasm, of course!*

Someone needs to slap me silly. I've lost 3 pounds in the last few days, most likely all water weight. I need to keep this going though, and thats the hardest part. I look at my weigh-in book, and realize that the week before Jen's wedding...around April 23rd..... I weighed roughly 171. The scale this morning said 180!

Its almost as if I'm afraid to get to goal. I'm scared of getting to goal and not being able to eat "good food" anymore. Heck, I lose more weight, and eventually I'll get down to 20 pts a day and I'm barely making it now on 22-24 pts a day.

I want to break the code of WW. Or something like that. I want to figure out how to optimize my weightloss. Do I use my flexpoints during the weekend and stick to my daily points the rest of the week? Do I spread the flexies throughout the week? Obviously I want to eat as much as I possibly can and still lose. No sense starving myself. And some people lose better using all their flexpoints, while some do better when they only use half.

If I could stay on program for more than 2 weeks in a row, I might be able to figure it out! It used to be 3 good weeks, 1 bad week. Now its more like 1 bad week, 1 good DAY, 2 bad weeks, 1 good week. I manage to lose most of what I gained, whether it takes me one or two weeks, I seem to get back on track, and then screw up again, and gain it all back again. I've been doing this for months! I can't stand it anymore. I need to snap out of it!

I can't help but remind myself that since my b-day last year, I've only lost 25 pounds. 25 pounds in 1 YEAR!! Okay, I admit, better than nothing, and I'm losing it slowwww and all, but WW is getting a ton of $$ from me. I've been going to meetings since Feb '04. Roughly $12 a week. I'm not even going to attempt to calculate it. Its just too much.

You think that would be a good motivator for me. To get to goal, get to lifetime, so that I don't have to pay anymore. Nope, not me.

I've GOT to get out of this rut and kick ass. Thats my point. Just how to do it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, I really understand your frustrations of what to do and fears about gaining more. I wish there was a patent answer that would do the trick, but from my experience, that ain't the case.

That being said, how about you try something small. I don't know your workout regime, but you said you follow WW. How about committing to doing it for just 21 days. Don't think about it further than that. Pick one of the programs, I'm WW ignorant, so if the choice is Flex or Core, pick one to do for the next 3 weeks, then maybe try the other the following 3 weeks. And at that point see which one worked best for your lifestyle.

It's easy to get overwhelmed at times so sometimes taking it back to the basics helps.

Best of luck :)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home