Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wow! I almost feel "normal"

Guess what? After a not so good week that started with Easter candy and lots of cake, and continued through the week with 2 different nights of take out pizza (in which I ate 4 slices!), and eating more Easter candy and then peanut butter cups last night before bed, I lost weight! Can you believe it??? 2.2 pounds! I'm in the lower 180's once again and can see the 170's right around the corner. I feel normal. Normal for me is my sister, Jen. If she's had a bad week, and has eaten a bit too much, she'll be worried about weigh in and will only end up gaining less than a pound or will still have lost weight. Because as we all know, it takes a lot of calories to equal one pound. Me, on the other hand, if I ate this way a month back, the scale would have shown a gain of 3-5 pounds, just because of the water retention. I drink 8-10 cups of water a day, so its not like I'm not making the effort and I watch my sodium intake, but it just didn't matter. Now that I've been put on these new meds, its like I'm a whole new person, and I'm loving it. I'm keeping it firmly in my head though that this is not an invitation for me to eat badly. When I lose weight, I'm actually losing weight now, not just water weight. Anyway, I wanted to add my update while its still Saturday. Hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home