Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tough Weigh-in

Saturday was a tough day for me which is why I haven't updated until now. I think I mentioned how I bought a new WW digital scale and how it was showing I weighed 5 pounds more than my dial scale. So last week, it was showing me down a few pounds so I though I was doing good. I went to weigh-in and the scale there showed me weighing the same exact thing, which is a good thing in the long run, but the week before it had been off. So I went all week thinking I lost a few pounds and in reality I lost less than 1 pound...... .8 to be exact. I wasn't the happiest camper because of that but after my sister weighed and lost 2 pounds I started tearing up. I know everyone's body is different but she had done worse last week food wise than I had! And...she weighs 30 pounds less than I, so it should have been harder for her to lose the weight.So regardless, I ended up leaving the meeting and had a personal pity party in the bathroom bawling my eyes out! I don't know why it was getting to me... I mean, I had lost weight, I can't always lose alot. But it hurt so much to know I had done so well that week, and barely lost a thing! So to make a long story short, the leader had noticed my earlier escape and pulled me aside after the meeting. She gave me a pep talk which really helped, and so far this week I'm doing really well with points. I know from Saturday, exactly how many points I've used each day, and still as of today have used less than half of my flexpoints. The thing is.... I know I can lose the weight. I've done it before. Just because I'm up 20 pounds doesn't mean I can't lose it again, but what a pain in the neck! I think I've learned my lesson. Also, I think my water retention has alot to do with it. I tried making an appt today with the Dr. for it, but I called during lunch and didn't have another chance so I'll be doing that tomorrow. I'm going to demand that the Dr. do more testing to find the underlying problem of my water retention. Its just not normal to have swelling all the time. And in the last year or so its gotten worse. I used to have minimal swelling in the winter, but nowadays I have noticeable swelling even if I've drank 10 glasses of water! I'm also going to demand that I be put on a stronger diuretic until a (hopeful) diagnosis can be made. I know that I have no heart problems and my kidneys are in working order so I don't know what else it could be, but its the Dr.'s job to figure it out. If I can get the swelling under control that'll be half of the weight I've gained and then the last extra 10 pounds won't be so bad. Anyway..... I've rambled enough. I'm still riding the weightloss train and WILL eventually get to goal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home