Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tummy tuck anyone?

I'm going to need one. Might as well perk up my chest while I'm at it. While this losing weight stuff is great and all, the skin is not. I must be one of those people who doesn't have elastic skin. 4 pregnancies along with gaining over 100 lbs has done alot to my body. I'm almost wishing I had the extra fat under my skin to make it not so loose. Not to go into too much detail, but I'm going to anyway, my tummy skin is starting to pucker. I've been exercising since BEFORE I started losing weight, and I'm losing it at a slow pace, but yet, I'm not seeing my skin bounce back. I have heard that it can take up to a year after losing weight for the skin to go back, but its not looking good. I'm boobs have gone through alot of trauma too. Breastfeeding 4 babies has my skin still there but the volume not. Nothing I can do about that either except utilize my push up bras.

But don't get me wrong. I love the fact that I'm losing this weight and becoming a healthier person. I'd much rather have this loose skin than pounds and pounds of fat, but looking at my naked body isn't doing my ego any good. I'm lucky enough though that its something I can cover up with clothes.

In the meantime, I'm saving my pennies for a tummy tuck and boob job in the future.

My matron of honor dress was altered today and its huge on me! 2-3 sizes will be taken off the dress. We went to Ryan and Emilie's science fair today at school and saw my SIL there, and she didn't even know it was me from a distance! She told me I was beautiful! And it felt awesome!

Although I didn't lose any weight this past week, I did get my period last Saturday so I now know why I didn't lose. So far this week, according to my scale, 2 pounds gone. Its hard this week because I have so much going on with the wedding that I haven't made it to the gym at all. At this point, I'm hoping at least for no gain. I'm sabotaging myself with food, but keep making each day a new day. Just keep starting over. Minimize the damage as much as possible. Next week, even though its the week of the wedding, Chris will be home and I'm going to try to go to the gym every morning. Just to keep me on track. Even if I have to go at 6 am!

Anyway, its extremely late for me, so I need to get some beauty sleep.... hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that the skin thing has always been a concern for you... never fear though, you're georgous!!!!! Look how far you've come and you're still perservering! (is that a word?)

I'm glad that everyone is noticing how beautiful you look now, Amy, but just know that even before ... back when I knew you... you were stunning, inside and out, and always will be no matter what.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home